Several weeks ago, Pharrell Williams released another collaboration with adidas inspired by the Holi Festival (Festival of Colors) in India. It’s a complete line-up of apparel and sneakers that features an explosion of dye color on the materials of the pieces. I ended up copping the Hu Holi NMD in Core Black sneaker and you can watch my full review in the embedded video vlog above.
- It’s a pair of statement kicks. The Sanskrit on the left means “World”. Together both read “World Equality”.
- The all black upper is slick and the violet rope laces give it a lot of pop and personality.
- BOOST midsole provides excellent cushioning and energy response.
- Unique lacing system makes it fun and versatile.
- Trail outsole gives it more traction compared to other NMD silhouettes.
- The trail outsole makes it heavier than the usual NMD.
- Upper doesn’t use Primeknit.
- Entrance is a bit narrow, making it hard to put on, especially if you have wide feet.
- Resell price is incredibly expensive.